Date:      Sun, 29 Apr 2001 21:46:10 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        hodan@cat.acs.sk (Tomas Hodan)
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem to setup VLAN

On 29 Apr 2001 07:30:32 -0400, in sentex.lists.freebsd.net you wrote:

You dont necessarily need these patches to work with VLANs, only if you
want the MTU to be 1500 with the fxp card. If you have applied the patch
correctly, and you have recompiled your kernel with the appropriate =
number
of VLAN devices for your setup (e.g.

pseudo-device   vlan    5              #VLAN support

) see the pages for how to use ifconfig

e.g.

ifconfig vlan1 192.168.1.2 netmask 255.255.255.0 vlan 101 vlandev fxp1 =
mtu
1500 up

will configure vlan1 on fxp1 with vlan ID 101

	---Mike

>Hi all,
>
>plase could you help me,
>i'm trying so setup VLANs with my freebsd box running 4.2-RELEASE with =
applyed
>patch from http://www.euitt.upm.es/~pjlobo/fbsdvlan.html and catalyst =
2900.
>i setup everything as i found in last emails from mailing lists and =
vlans are
>not working for my case. plase could you sendme examples of setting =
freebsd box
>and catalyst?
>
>are also any others ethernet adapters supported for vlans?
>why the patches are not inclouded in release?
>
>thanks
>tomas

>with "unsubscribe freebsd-net" in the body of the message

Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)	=09
Sentex Communications Corp,   	=09
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers=20
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)