Date:      Tue, 3 Jun 1997 16:29:34 +0700 (JVT)
From:      Hendra Sentono <hendra@unix.ukdw.ac.id>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   perl library error: ld.so failed

I'm using FreeBSD 2.1.5 and install Apache Web Server on it.

Recently I add the lates perl package (for the 2.2.1-R) on this machine.
But the result is when I run an .pl file (directly or from web browser),
there is an error.

This is the error when I run it directly (from the shell):

   ld.so failed: Can't find shared library "libc.so.3.0"

This wasn't happened before I install the new perl package.

Is there anything I should do to correct the problem or should I get back
to my "old perl package" ?

PS. If I'm not wrong, the new version of perl that I've installed is
    5.003 (or newer?)

Thanks in advance.

Hendra Sentono				| hendra@students.ukdw.ac.id
Duta Wacana Christian University	| http://www.ukdw.ac.id/