Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 1995 23:17:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.atinc.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@trout.sri.MT.net>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <terry@cs.weber.edu>, hackers@FreeBSD.org, Jordan K Hubbard <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>, phk@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: List management: DIGEST TIME?

On Mon, 24 Apr 1995, Nate Williams wrote:

> > Has anyone considered that digesting the lists would both reduce
> > the mail load and reduce the inbox load for people?  It would also
> > reduce the number of connections people would have to deal with
> > coming into their box (If they pay that way).
>
> On that note, it would be trivial to make a digested version of the
> mailing list available.  Majordomo is already setup to do it, though the
> postmaster would need to set it up.  I had one working on my box before
> I did the majordomo security upgrade on freefall.

	creating digests are not a problem.  is this desired by people on
the lists?  gentlemen, what say you?   jordan, poul?

	terry wants questions digested.  any other lists people want digested?

Jonathan M. Bresler  jmb@kryten.atinc.com	| Analysis & Technology, Inc.
						| 2341 Jeff Davis Hwy
play go.					| Arlington, VA 22202
ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life	| 703-418-2800 x346