Date:      Tue, 24 Apr 2001 16:32:49 +0100
From:      Rasputin <rara.rasputin@virgin.net>
To:        girgen@partitur.se
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   naming conflict (PostgreSQL)

Houston, we have a problem.

PostgreSQl depends on ant.  (Part of jakarta, right?)

I'm guessing it's some kind of macro doo-dah.

xscreensaver installs a binary called ant too.
/usr/X11R6/bin/ant

Chances are a lot of people will have this already
e.g anyone who runs GNOME, for starters, along with folks like
me who like eye candy.

Probably people will have this installed than jakarta-ant.

The upshot is, building remotely I get "can't open display".
If I was running X at the time, a screensaver would probably come
up, and the install would hang.

I can do a local workaround, just by changing my PATH.

This is a bit flaky, though.
Is there a way you could modify Makefile.inc to
explicitly require jakarta-ant rather than ant?

What's the general solution to naming conflicts like this?
As the ports grow, this is probably going to become more common.
--
Disco is to music what Etch-A-Sketch is to art.
Rasputin :: Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns ::