Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2007 23:01:44 +0400
From:      "Artem Kuchin" <matrix@itlegion.ru>
To:        "John Baldwin" <jhb@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org, FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 6.2-RELEASE does not use second CPU on pentium D

John Baldwin wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 April 2007 04:47:48 am Alex Povolotsky wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I have a Pentium D box, running 6.2-RELEASE. In dmesg, I see CPU#1
>> launched, but I never see any process running on it, and mptable
>> shows

Hmm. I am running PentiumD 3.0 Ghz on Asus p5p800-vm
motherboard. Needed to update BIOS to make CPU
work correctly. Also, i am not running RELEASE.
I run 6.2-STABLE cvsupped regulary. I have no problem
like that, top shows 0 and 1 in C column for
different processes.

So,I'd simply recomment to cvs and rebuild the kernel
and update your MB BIOS to the latest.

--
Regards,
Artem