Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2000 08:53:13 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
Cc:        David Murphy <drjolt@redbrick.dcu.ie>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Voxware is toast. Get used to it. (Re: Suggestions for improving newpcm performance?)

> 	It has gotten *way* more testing than any Microsoft x.0 release,
> but it's still not ready for prime-time.

Actually, it's my understanding that Yahoo already has 4.0 in
production.  Again, 4.0 is not your typical dot-zero release and I
doubt we'll ever release anything like 3.0 again.

To make an analogy of sorts, in the early days of aviation it was all
about cloth and wood and a lot of pilots who were probably marginally
suicidal at best.  Then the industry grew up and pilots became more
like accountants in nature than barnstorming daredevils.  So it is
with us, and (with a few regrettable exceptions) each release is just
that much better tested and put together than the ones which preceded
it.  We need to stop knocking our efforts; that's the user's job. :)

- Jordan