Date:      Thu, 24 Sep 1998 16:42:49 +0800
From:      Stephen Hocking-Senior Programmer PGS Tensor Perth <shocking@prth.pgs.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        cracauer@cons.org
Subject:   Java port runtime error...

I know that in the midst of the 3.0 Release fuss it's a bad time to to talk
about this, but I get the following exception when trying to run Sun's java
tutorial.

Using /usr/local/java for runtime environment
[DPUtilities.initProperties] suned.dp.home =/usr/local/JavaTutor
custom.url=file:/usr/local/JavaTutor/content
[DPUtilities.initProperties] dpbase.url = null
[DPUtilities.initProperties] dpbase.url = [file:/usr/local/JavaTutor]
Undefined symbol "_xmDrawingAreaWidgetClass" in java:/usr/local/java/lib/i386/g
reen_threads/libawt.so (libawt.so)
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no awt in shared library path
        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java)
        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java)
        at
        at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:402)
        at java.awt.Font.initializeFont(Font.java:114)
        at java.awt.Font.<init>(Font.java:129)
        at java.awt.Font.decode(Font.java:246)
        at com.sun.suned.dp.util.DPUtilities.getFont(DPUtilities.java:710)
        at com.sun.suned.dp.util.DPUtilities.getFont(DPUtilities.java:697)
        at com.sun.suned.ui.UserFrame.<init>(UserFrame.java:33)
        at com.sun.suned.dp.MainFrame.<init>(MainFrame.java:52)
        at com.sun.suned.dp.MainFrame.main(MainFrame.java:44)

It looks as if something in the Motif library isn't being linked in when you
built this with a static Motif lib.

	Stephen
--
  The views expressed above are not those of PGS Tensor.

    "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce
     the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know
     this is not true."            Robert Wilensky, University of California