Date:      Sat, 23 Jan 1999 02:49:50 +1100
From:      jonathan michaels <jon@caamora.com.au>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Spring in NYC

On Fri, Jan 22, 1999 at 04:16:42PM +0100, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> A friend and I are planning to spend a week in New York City in late
> February / early March. However, we were a little daunted by the cost

teh park is noce then and teh ducks are out then too .. also the country is
noce too .. plan if yo can a stay overnite at a local freebsd hackers house to
get to see a sunrise .. i always like them.

> of living in NYC. What I've heard so far is that anything below $115
> might have adverse consequences on our continued health and sanity.
>
> Does anybody on this list know of a safe and relatively inexpensive

sorry not any more ..

> place to stay for a week in New York? It should be within a reasonable
> distance (by foot or by public transportation) of the Barnes & Noble
> store on Astor Place (don't ask me why) and the usual touristy places.
> Reasonable proximity to 112th and Broadway is a plus.

don't forget to vist the park, and to feed the pidgeons (if they are bad as
they used to be cyanide laced wheat kibble is recommended) oh and have a horse
ride and open carriage ride .. early eaving is best.

this should round out your stay, nicely.

please note its been 20 years since my information was current .. but as much
as things change in ny they stay teh same.

> Oh, and if any of you live in or near NYC and would like to gang up
> and go out with us while we're in town, please contact me :)

if youever make it to sydeny .. i know where yo an get cheap accomodation 10
minutes from teh international terminal and almost in teh heart of teh coke vs
nike 4 year games sporting extravaganza .. er, olympics

regards

jonathan, time for one of those inside jokes.

ps, no ps .. grin.