Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 2014 23:04:30 -0500
From:      Matthew Pounsett <matt@conundrum.com>
Subject:   pkg install:  what is the "first" repository?

=46rom the pkg man page:
     install
             Install a package from a remote package repository.  If a =
package
             is found in more than one remote repository, then =
installation
             happens from the first one.  Downloading a package is tried =
from
             each package repository in turn, until the package is =
success-
             fully fetched.

What is pkg's definition of "first"? =20

I have a single file in /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/ which lists two local =
repositories.  'vim' exists in the first one in that file.  All of vim's =
dependencies are available from that repo.  Some of its dependencies =
exist in both, since they're required by things available from both =
repositories.

For the dependencies that exist in both, pkg is trying to grab them from =
the second repository in that file.  I'm trying to figure out why, so I =
can make it stop.

Thanks.