Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:48:30 -0500
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        Axel Steiner <ast@treibsand.com>
Cc:        www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new www mirror

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 01:18:04PM +0100, Axel Steiner wrote:

> I've mirrored www.freebsd.org on my server
> in Germany. If you need one more you can
> add me. freebsd.mirrors.treibsand.com
> My mirror will be updated every day.

At the moment we have three functional mirrors in Germany, and that
is right around the number of mirrors per country we're shooting
for.  Some countries still have more but we kind of "inherited"
that - having more than around three sites per country makes that
drop-down list get a bit long.  As IPv6 spreads more we will
probably expand that section of the list a bit as well so for now
we're being a bit more conservative about how many sites per country
we list.

If it's OK with you I'll hang on to this offer though, if we
have problems with one of the existing sites I might get back
into contact with you to see if your offer is still open.

Thanks for the offer of support, we appreciate it.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu