Date:      Mon, 31 Aug 1998 18:15:55 +0700
From:      Leonard Ong <Leonard_Ong@iname.com>
To:        Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel Update

Dear Friend,

Thank you for your response toward my questions. I am pretty new to
FreeBSD. My futher questions would be :

1) Anyone has tried how much update that is required from 2.2.6 to 2.2.7 ?

2) Say I have update my kernel-source to 2.2.7 can i gzip/tar it, so when i
reinstall with 2.2.6 later on, and i want to use 2.2.7 kernel I just need
to ungzip/untar, no need to connect to internet again ?

3) Which parts minimum should i update beside sys-src and bindist ? how big
they usually are ?

4) How fast the CVS server ? can they do up to 3 kb/s ( 33,6 kbps modem )

5) If I decide to d/l the 2.2.7's src-sys ( kernel source ) can i just
delete the src-sys from 2.2.6 and replace them directly with 2.2.7 ?

6) Lastly, Why does kernel update need binary update too ? which binary we
need ? sbin, usr/sbin, usr/bin, or bin

Pardon for my ignorance, I am new and i have read the docs and even the
Complete FreeBSD book.

Thank you