Date:      Fri, 21 May 1999 17:38:15 +0300
From:      Anand Buddhdev <arb@anand.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Path MTU discovery on FBSD

Today one of the firewalls at my upstream provider started to block ICMP. I
noticed that a lot of my email started slowing down. I got a lot of
deferrals (I'm using qmail). I have heard that this can happen when Path
MTU discovery fails becuase of ICMP blocks. Does FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE do
this? How could I actually diagnose that this is indeed happening. I know
about tcpdump, but I'm not very familiar with the details of TCP/IP. any
pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks,

--
System Administrator
See complete headers for address, homepage and phone numbers