Date:      Tue, 31 Dec 1996 21:04:10 -0800
From:      Mark Smith <msmith@3-cities.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing Xfree86 3.2?

Greetings,

I'm currently running FreeBSD 2.1.5R (the CDROM) and decided to
upgrade the XFree to 3.2 because I upgraded to a Virge based
video card.  I downloaded the necessary .tgz parts from
ftp.freebsd.org.  Here's the problem, when I untar them with

find . -name "*.tgz" -exec tar -xvzpf {} \;

I get the directories that look like

bin drwxrwxrwx ....

If I leave the p option out of the tar I get

bin drwx------ ....

How do I get the X11 stuff unarchived with decent attributes so
that non root accounts can run X but not trash the contents?!?

Thanks

Mark