Date:      Sun, 9 Aug 2009 02:09:45 +1200
From:      Tim Matthews <tim.matthews7@gmail.com>
To:        erich@apsara.com.sg, freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   laptop doesn't power off

> Hi,
>
> On 08 August 2009 pm 15:21:17 Tim Matthews wrote:
> >* I have a sony vaio sz483n. The powering down works almost fine
>
> *>* up until the last step. The screen goes clear as it is about to
> *>* power down but then it just stays in a kind of on state.
> *>*
> *can you run a normal 'shutdown now' and press then the power
>

> button?
>
> Erich

If I run "shutdown now" The last thing that gets printed to the screen is
enter path to shell or press return for /bin/sh. This hasn't attempted to
power off my laptop so holding the power button down does still work but is
it safe to do so? Even if so I would really prefer a working implementation
of soft off like M$ windows and linux can do.