Date:      Tue, 30 Apr 1996 13:24:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG (Gary Palmer)
Cc:        oleg@nnk.univers.chernovtsy.ua, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, test@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Q: /etc/aliases troubles - advices didn't help!

Gary Palmer wrote:

> "Oleg N.Kolesnikov" wrote in message ID
> <AAt_QXnmd4@nnk.univers.chernovtsy.ua>:
> > I removed the quotes, so there is something like this:
> > community: :include:/home/ok/users_list
>
> > and I got error message again!
> > the only difference was in the quotes:
> > 'mail.local: unknown name: :include:/home/ok/users_list'
>
> Never seen this before. It doesn't seem to be recognising the
> :include: command. Perhaps try something from our /etc/aliases file on
> freefall:
>
> cvs-committers-outgoing:        :include: /home/mail/cvs-committers
>
>                                          ^ note this space
>
>                         ^^^^^^^^ probably doesn't make any difference,
> but try a tab in there

	you know, i wondered about that too. but we have both with and
	without the whitespace.   could this be a sendmail version  issue?

cvs-committers-outgoing:	:include: /home/mail/cvs-committers
test-outgoing:			:include:/home/mail/lists/test,
test-digest-outgoing:		:include:/home/mail/lists/test-digest

	that is a space in there, just verified that.

	we are running Sendmail 8.7.3/8.7.3

jmb
--
Jonathan M. Bresler           FreeBSD Postmaster             jmb@FreeBSD.ORG