Date:      Tue, 21 Apr 2009 07:27:13 -0400
From:      "Person, Roderick" <personrp@UPMC.EDU>
To:        ovi freebsd <lists@freebsdonline.com>, Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-chat@freebsd.org" <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Oracle buys Sun

> From what I know Oracle do not have a good history with open source (and =
not a bad one... yet)... they only took Linux from Red Hat and are=20
> making money of it... I don't think they will give something back to open=
 source community but... we'll see...

Doesn't Oracle own Postgres Db? I would think that would have something to =
do with what they do with MySQL or vice versa.

Rod Person
Sr. Programmer
http://www.ccbh.com

"And of all the passions the most mischievous is pleasure. Why so? Because =
all things are the slave of pleasure; and because the life of the wicked is=
 governed by pleasure as by a master."
- Philo
    The Second Book of the Treatise on The Allegories of the Sacred Laws, a=
fter the Work of the Six Days of Creation.=