Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 2000 16:19:52 -0500
From:      "Shawn Barnhart" <swb@grasslake.net>
To:        "David Uhring" <duhring@charter.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Signal 11 on 4-Stable buildworld; bad memory or what?

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Uhring" <duhring@charter.net>

| You might also check the cpu temperature during the compile.  Using a
K6-3/450,
| my cpu cooler was getting quite hot to the touch during the make and would
exit
| with signal 10 or signal 11.  I finally took to cover off the case and set
up a
| box fan to force additional air into the case.

That's an option, too.  Is the K6-3 same basic core as the original K6?
FWIW I just put a new fan on this one when the old one started making
strange noises.  Last time I checked it was working OK.

Now that you mention it, when I moved my FreeBSD machine to this box I also
swapped out most of the accessories.  Since my CPU fan uses one of those
passthrough power connectors, the kind designed with all the resilliance of
pair of $200 sunglasses, it wouldn't surprise me if the fan hasn't even been
running, in which case I've probably cooked the CPU by now.