Date:      Thu, 3 Sep 2009 17:24:46 +0200
From:      Mel Flynn <mel.flynn+fbsd.ports@mailing.thruhere.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dropping maintainership for multimedia/handbrake

Hi,

On Wednesday 26 August 2009 19:41:03 Jonathan wrote:
> I was hoping to fix the handbrake port and get it working properly over
> the summer but it didn't happen and now I'm in school full time.  I
> don't have time to work on the port anymore and I don't want people to
> not try and update it because someone else is already maintaining it.
>
> If someone wants to take over this port let the list know and a ports
> committer will likely go ahead and assign it to you.

Is this one of the problems you refer to?
kernel: (cd0:ata1:0:0:0): Media region code is mismatched to logical
 unit region
Followed by:
kernel: (cd0:ata1:0:0:0): Retries Exhausted
kernel: ata1: FAILURE - non aligned DMA transfer attempted
kernel: unknown: setting up DMA failed

handbrake becomes unkillable, machine can only be rebooted by power cycle. I'm
interested in this port cause I'm looking for a solid alternative for the
fragile multimedia/transcode. If this is one of the problems you're seeing and
not something local to my test machine, I'll see what I can do and follow up
through PR's.
--
Mel