Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 19:27:36 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: List maintanence question.

beaupran@JSP.UMontreal.CA writes:
> I might add that you could filter out by 'to:' or 'cc:' header.
>
> I, for one, wouldn't want to have '[freebsd-stable]' in _each_ subject
> line just because some people do not use fbsd on the list.. :))

Ditto. I *hate* that. Have been wondering why some lists I subscribe to
have that junk added to the subject field. Maybe now I know why as the
listmaster has an NT bent.

Considering the superiority of *our* choice does anybody have an
example of how to undo such idiocy? It would help me most if the
solution involved slocal and rules I could include in ~/.maildelivery.

> There's got to be some filtering software on Windoze?

Eudora Lite 3.06 is free to use and has very good filters. And TTBOMK is
incapable of automatically sending dual HTML and plain-text versions of
your text in MIME attachments (which is so hard to figure out how to
DISABLE in Outlook.)