Date:      Fri, 1 Sep 2006 16:59:39 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kevin Kramer <kramer@centtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: gjournal questions

--zCKi3GIZzVBPywwA

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 08:12:23AM -0500, Kevin Kramer wrote:
> we left the journaling devices raw. do i need to newfs the journaling dev=
ice? is eveything else ok besides the newfs of the daX.journal?

Journal switch times are very long, but this could be caused by SU.
Could you try to disable SU and turn on gjournal?
Without "renewfsing" you could do on an unmounted file system:

	# tunefs -n disable -J enable /dev/daX.journal

--=20
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org

--zCKi3GIZzVBPywwA

--zCKi3GIZzVBPywwA--