Date:      Mon, 4 Oct 1999 10:02:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill <ankzt@maine.60north.net>
To:        Yusuf Goolamabbas <yusufg@outblaze.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Would like to mix static IP's and non-routable IP's on a LAN

 Youll probabley need to describe your network in a bit more detail for a
more exact solution to your question, for now ill assume your using your
bsd box as a gateway with one ethernet card. Check out the man page for
ifconfig, what you probabley want to do is alias the additional subnets.

example: ifconfig ed1 alias 192.168.1.1

 Im assuming you already have your nic config'd with public address, the
netmask will default to whatever class address you enter, but if your going
to subnet your unregistered networks (cant think of a siduation you would
need to that for) do this...

example: ifconfig ed1 alias 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.192

When your done you need to add the route to localhost..
route add 192.168.1.1 127.0.0.1
that should do it for you.