Date:      Mon, 29 Jun 1998 11:23:06 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        Mark Handley <mjh@east.isi.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Improvements to the bt848 driver - SW Pan and Zoom.

Mark
> The downside unfortunately is interlacing.

For me with PAL and only 25 frames per second, the interlacing is
even more obvious as the is longer between each field.I'm well aware of
the interlacing artefacts, and for my compression codec, I only grab
even fields using YUV_12.

So, for the sub-section code I would only grab sub sections of
even or odd fields. That limits me to sub sections of a 640x240
image for NTSC, but I would still be able to capture
a 192x128 box from within this field.

Cheers
Roger

--
Roger Hardiman,       | Department of Computer Science,
PhD Research Student, | University of Strathclyde,