Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 2002 09:56:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@ambrisko.com>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Motherboard temperature sensing

Dan Nelson writes:
| In the last episode (Jul 09), Julian Elischer said:
| > I haven't been following this so now naturally
| > it becomes important..
| >
| > anyone have good pointers?
|
| healthd, mbmon, or lmmon, in ports.  Healthd and lmmon don't get all my
| variables, mbmon does (Asus cuv4vd motherboard).  All are easily
| scriptable for graphing purposes, healthd can be configured to run
| scripts based on trigger settings.

mbmon seems pretty good knowing about more chips.  One thing that is
annoying about this stuff is that different chips tend to layout the
registers in various ways and potentially different access schemes.
I find the best best is to look at the super I/O chip and then get the
data sheet for it and code away.  That unfortunately seems to be the
best bet.

Doug A.