Date:      Sun, 20 Dec 2015 16:31:57 +0100
From:      Matthieu Volat <mazhe@alkumuna.eu>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Understanding recording

--Sig_/Ml1kvF7z6NMx325r13ai_k.

Hi all,

I'm trying to get VOIP working on my FreeBSD 10.2 setup and I'm having trou=
ble with capturing/recording, and it would be nice if somebody could give m=
e advice on the matter:

I have a old but trusty Creative SB Live! sound card :

  emu10kx0@pci0:10:1:0:	class=3D0x040100 card=3D0x80401102 chip=3D0x0002110=
2 rev=3D0x07 hdr=3D0x00
      vendor     =3D 'Creative Labs'
      device     =3D 'SB Live! EMU10k1'
      class      =3D multimedia
      subclass   =3D audio

With the following devices:
  devices: vol, pcm, speaker, line, mic, cd, rec, igain, ogain, line1, line=
2,  line3, dig1, dig2, dig3, phin, phout, video

  rec devices: vol, line, mic, cd, line1, line2, line3, dig1, dig2,
dig3, phin, phout, video

I set the recording device to "mic"

  mixer \=3Drec mic

But when I put the "mic" mixer level to >0, I'll get the microphone feedbac=
k on the output, and nothing when I try to record with commands like :

  gst-launch-1.0 osssrc ! audioconvert ! vorbisenc ! oggmux ! filesink
location=3Ddump.ogg

Is this problem tied to the hardware/driver? Is this bad configuration?

Thanks in advance,

--=20
Matthieu Volat <mazhe@alkumuna.eu>