Date:      Mon, 2 Jan 2006 16:02:07 -0000
From:      "Keith McKay" <mckaymeister@gmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FBSD 6.0 - Canyon WF-511 Wireless card setup

Hi

 I'm having a problem trying to setup the above box with the above =
wireless
card to my home network.  I have a Dlink DL-624+ wireless router which =
has
two wired WINXP boxes and a wireless WINXP laptop connected to it all of
which work seemlessly.  The wireless card on the freeBSD box can detect =
the
router when I scan for access points and I can associate the wireless =
router
with the freebsd box however I cant get an IP address from the wirless
router using the DHCP server of the router.  I know the wireless router =
can
detect the freebsd box because I can see the mac address on the wireless
card in the router log.  If I run dhclient ral0 and it trys to find the
server without success.

I have all the settings on the wireless card entered, wepkey, station,
channel etc.=20

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
Keith

--=20
Checked by AVG Free Edition.