Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 2019 12:17:19 +0100
From:      Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl>
To:        "ports@freebsd.org" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   packaging a port that uses npm during build.

Hi,

The ceph ports should have a manager module called dashboard that
exists of a large bundle op JS-scripts that get installed with npm/node
during running make on the configured build.

Uptil now I've exclude that from builds, but that gets more and more
complicated. Ceph cluster status is not reported not healty if the
dashboard is not running....

Apart from the fact that npm does not like to be ran as 'root',
poudriere also complains about fetching data afte the fetch fase.

There are about 1000 npm-modules included in this project.
So that would be a large set of things to maintain correctly.

Is there a way around this?
Or does anybody here have experience with this?

I think I read once somewhere that there is also a "flag" that indicates
that the port wants network access during the build. Is that feasible?

Thanx,
--WjW