Date:      Tue, 06 Jun 2000 22:22:32 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <fran@reyes.somos.net>
To:        "freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Restricting user to a directory

I want to make a "test" login ID for some people in a project I
am working on.
Basically I just want them to be able to login and only see
their own directory.

Can this be done with login.conf or loging_conf?
I read the man page, but it should would help to find a mini
tutorial or how to for those files.
I couldn't not even find how to change a user's login class. :-(

Would using a shell that has a restricted mode be the easiest
way? I believe Bash has this capability.
I didn't seem to find it in tcsh.

This is a 3.X box so no Jail..

After searching.. I bumped into chroot, but when I try is from a
regular ID it gives the error "operation not permited".

Suggestions or links on using login.conf or chroot?