Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 2000 01:21:46 +0300
From:      Panagiotis Astithas <past@netmode.ntua.gr>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Greek support for syscons

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but the i18n mailing
list seems dead for more than six months. Redirections are of course welcome.

I understand that there is no support for greek users in syscons (fonts,
keyboard mappings, etc.). The same holds for the locale functions, since
I can't find el_GR.ISO_8859-7 in /usr/share/locale. Now, I would like to
contribute some work in that direction, but I can't find any pointers. I
have seen similar work in the linux camp that uses the localedef compiler
and locale tool from glibc. Since we don't have any of these, what tools
shall I use and what is the input format they expect? In the directory
/usr/src/share/colldef I find the en_DK.example file. Now I have the
necessary modifications for el_GR, but where do I apply them?
Is there some sort of FAQ for these things?

Regards,

-past