Date:      Sat, 29 Jun 2002 22:16:25 -0400
From:      Benjamin Harry Sigelman <bhsigelm@cs.brown.edu>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   gconf2 port, include problem with libxml/globals.h

greetings o under-heralded port maintainer,
I write to report that the build for gconf2 failed on my freebsd4.6
machine.  My ports tree was updated last week, sorry if this has been
fixed in the interim.

basically, when trying to build gconftool.c, xml-entry.c (and a few
others), you #include <libxml/globals.h>, and that can't be found.  I
assume this was supposed to be in /usr/local/include/libxml2/libxml/
with other included files (that *are* there).  The good news is that, at
least on my machine, I don't even need to include that.  So I just don't
include it anymore, and it's all good.

maybe you should make the patch get rid of those lines, or just touch
/usr/local/include/libxml2/libxml/globals.h if you want to do something
really gross. (that's what I did after correcting the error in a few
places)

sorry if this is incoherent, I'm having a party at my house and am a
little tipsy.

- Ben