Date:      Sun, 14 Apr 1996 19:03:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        morbid_t <austin@winternet.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: important

On Sun, 14 Apr 1996, morbid_t wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Apr 1996, Gary Palmer wrote:
>
> > morbid_t wrote in message ID
> > <Pine.SOL.3.91.960414143009.19044A-100000@tundra>:
> > > I don't know if you got my previous emails, but here is one if you
> > > dindn't.  Upon installing freebsd, I get errors such as 'hd not found,
> > > check hardware documentation.'  Also, I noticed that my serial ports,
> > > paralles ports, and other major devices were not found.  I have a 2.14gb
> > > scsi drive, and the freebsd partition is at the location on the harddrvie
> > > of about 1600mgs.  Did I partition it at the wrong spot, or is it some
> > > other problem?
> >
> > I'm not sure ... you don't give much detail about your setup ... like
> > what SCSI controller you are using, etc, etc, etc. I'm surprised that
> > your serial ports & parallel ports are not found ...
> >
> > Gary
> >

> Well, theres not much I can say.  I have a Buslogic bios, v1.20k (pci to
> scsi adapter), and nothing is found upon boot (as far as i could tell)
> except for fdc0, fd0, and fd1.  As far as the error message, it says this:
>
> "No disks found!  Please verify that your disk controller is being
> properly probed at boot time.  See the Hardware Guide on the
> Documentation menu for clues on diagnosing this type of problem."
>
> What do I do next?  I tried diabeling devices una0 and aha0 (being that
> they were in conflict with the 0x330 memory addresses), but I really have
> no clue.  That was just a guess that didn't work.

	a) are you getting as far as the "Boot:" prompt for FreeBSD,
	   or is this before it even tries to load FreeBSD?
	b) when you boot, does the scan that the Buslogic performs on
	   the SCSI bus show any drives?
	c) if a) is yes for Boot: prompt, does FreeBSD show the Buslogic
	   controller as being probed?
	d) did you use the Buslogic controller originally to install
	   FreeBSD on that drive?

Marc G. Fournier                                  scrappy@ki.net
Systems Administrator @ ki.net               scrappy@freebsd.org