Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 08:45:25 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        y-carden@uniandes.edu.co (Yonny Crdenas Barn)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Floppies for SCO

> Hi,
>
> I have a program for SCO, I desire run this program in FreeBSD 2.2.5
> with SCO emulation, the program is distributed in floppies of 3 1/2",
> but I not know mount this floppies.
>
> I  attempt whith : "mount /dev/fd0 /mnt" but is fail.
>
> In SCO I have run the program "custom" or "sysadmsh" for install from
> floppies.

You cannot mount a SCO filesys floppy on FreeBSD.
However IIRC the install disks for custom is in tar format, so you
can read that on freebsd like: tar xvf /dev/rfd0 .
Now SCO's tar has the ability to compress individual files in a tar
archive, so you will have to uncompress each of them by hand if
thats the case.
Then you are left with what should be processed by "custom" which
we dont have, but if its not a too complex application you
should be able to figure out what to do.

The easiest way though is to install it on a SCO system and tar
up the installed package and move that to FreeBSD....