Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 1998 18:36:19 -0800
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Heads up: src/games/boggle (tm) will soon be removed from repository

> So you decided against running the committer (a committer is a type
> of shell interpreter ;-)) script that I posted that would have
> accomplished the rename without this type of damage?

Yes, that's right.  Terry, choose your battles, OK?  This is a stupid
bloaty game that nobody plays even when they can find it.  If it
were renamed, nobody would find it if they looked for it, which they
wouldn't.

The two or three of you out there who really care about this game have
until the weekend to grab it out of the repository and put it into
your vault along with that old Meet the Monkees LP you've been fondly
cherishing for all these years.  But hey, I've got an innovative
suggestion that you might like, if only you'd try it.  Go out and
*buy* the stinkin' game at your local Toys R Us (tm).  Play it the
mechanical way.  It works, it really does!  And you just might find
that you enjoy the physical sensation of lovingly caressing those
finely sculpted plastic pieces.

>From all the heat arising from the removal of this silly thing, I can
only conclude that a whole lot of folks have waaaaaay too much free
time on their hands.  Well I'm not one of them, and the only remaining
keystrokes I plan on making in connection with this thing will be
"rm -rf boggle" (tm).