Date:      Wed, 30 Apr 1997 08:14:51 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Udo Wolter <uwp@ukrv.de>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Netscape/Java trouble

Hi !

I'm having trouble with Java under Netscape 3.01. But it's not only the 3.01
version, it's also 3.0 and even when I try to open a netscape from a
remote-machine I only get empty fields for java-applets. I think this must bean
X windows bug. But how can I get around this bug ? The netscape navigator finds
my java_301 file and even accesses it (testet by ls -lu). But then I got only
white spaces in the middle of web pages. So what can I do ? I'm running FreeBSD
2.1.7R. By the way, I also tried to use the netscape "port" (which means set
the paths correctly) but nothing changed.

Thanx for any help !

Bye,
	Udo

--