Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:48:13 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        sobomax@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mesa

Is there any particular reason why we are stuck with a two-year old,
known-bad version of Mesa?  We're still at 3.4.2 (May 2001) which not
only isn't the latest stable Mesa (5.0 was released last November),
but isn't even the latest release of Mesa 3 (3.5 was released in June
2001).

Because of a known bug in older versions of Mesa, ports based on plib
(including flightgear, vamos and a couple of other simulators and
games) fail with "ssgInit called without a valid OpenGL context" about
as often as not (it seems to depend on the system configuration).

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org