Date:      Mon, 15 May 2000 20:28:28 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org>
Cc:        Bob Bishop <rb@gid.co.uk>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Motif goes open source

Martin Cracauer wrote:

> "OpenSource" (without blank) is the term.  "Open Source" is like
> "Free BSD", suit-wearers language showing the unfamilarness with the
> subject.

Really? I have always used (and have no plans to change) "Open Source".
I see no point at all in making it a single word. Alas, they use a
definition of their own, to suit their needs instead of the political
agenda of RMS.

> > That's because GPL is brain-damaged. It is, essentially, incompatible
> > with anything but GPL. Even the BSD license had to have a clause removed
> > (and I'm still doubtful if this makes it "compatible" with GPL).
>
> I know.  http://www.cons.org/cracauer/gpl.html
>
> It's an important thing to notice, as no GPL desktop stuff can be
> built upon it.

Hurray! :-)

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"I agree whole heartily! Who am I to disagree with a wacko like you?"