Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2013 00:49:13 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re-sending selected e-mail messages

I need a way to automatically re-sent stored e-mail messages
according to some criteria and like to ask for advice or
suggestions for an already existing solution before I start
reinventing the wheel. :-)

The messages in question are stored in MH format. This is a
tree where a mailbox equals a directory, and the individual
files in that directory equal the messages. They are numbered
1, 2, 3, 4, ..., and so on. Each message is in

or

or maybe even

text format. Some of them might contain an attachment, which
is "included" in the file with something like

	--Multipart=...

Some messages are "fully multipart".

So when iterating on ~/Mail/sent/1,2,3,4,5,... I get all the
messages. Each third line, "To:", is the criteria to look at.
If it matches a given recipient, the mail should be sent again.
This can easily be done by the system's mailer which is properly
configured (and uses ISP's MX), so | mail -s "maybe new subject"
is possible. The message should already be properly pre-composed.

What is the easiest way to do this without reinventing the wheel,
or should I? :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany