Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 1995 08:03:33 EST
From:      "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@x.org>
To:        hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   installing with kermit

I'm finally ready to switch from 1.x to 2.0.5. (I was waiting for the July
release of 2.1 :-) but I'm not going to wait an more.) Since I don't have
a CDROM or a QIC tape drive and I don't want to make a bizillion floppies
I thought I'd do what I did with 1.x and bring up 2.0.5 to the point where
I'd be able to run kermit and then kermit over the bin distribution.

But alas I note that kermit instructions aren't in the 2.0.5 INSTALL any
more. Okay, I still have the instructions from the 1.x install, so I should
be able to figure that out. I looked in /2.0.5-RELEASE/ports/comms/kermit
on ftp.cdrom.com expecting to find the actual kermit binary. Duh, why don't
I see it?

I see that the 2.0-RELEASE/tools has kermit and the other bits I would
need. Is it reasonable to expect that these would work on 2.0.5. My guess
is they will -- anyone want to tell me I'm wrong?

--

Kaleb KEITHLEY