Date:      Sun, 14 Mar 2004 16:07:11 -0600
From:      Joe Halpin <j.p.h@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   4.9-STABLE and m4

I'm working with the cURL project (http://curl.haxx.se), and I setup a
daily build on my 4.9-RELEASE machine. Things were going fine until I
upgraded to 4.9-STABLE. At that point the daily builds started failing.

As far as I can tell the reason for that was that /usr/bin/m4 was
somehow different from the same version on the FSF web site. I
downloaded and built m4 from the FSF web site and installed it in
/usr/local/bin (which is at the beginning of my PATH) and then the build
started working again.

Can anyone here confirm or deny my hypothesis? Any information would be
welcome as I'd like to understand what happened.

Thanks

Joe