Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 1995 15:16:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to partition a new drive

Generally, I partition drives with the boot diskette and the nice
menu system therein.

However, I'd like to bring online a drive that has recently been
connected to a system that is already up and running.

I quickly gave up on disklabel because it seemed too complicated
given the ease with which the rest of FreeBSD is operated.

I tried running /stand/sysinstall and using the W)rite options of
partition and label, however, I keep getting the error

Nov 29 15:28:50 foo /kernel: sd1: invalid primary partition table: no magic

And various other error messages from the install program.

I assume this can't be all that complicated, so would some kind soul
point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Brian Litzinger					       Powered by FreeBSD
<brian@mediacity.com>                            http[s]://www.mpress.com
speakfree.mpress.com [use -t (GSM)]
videomsg.mpress.com  [mpeg 1 system stream, or h.261 AV stream]