Date:      06 Dec 2002 18:33:49 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Rob Sanchez <sanchero@gvsu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ** WARNING **: Unable reach the control-center.sel

--=-Gb8iMAiRko7CUp7NvJeh

On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 14:36, Rob Sanchez wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>=20
> I am looking for a little guidance with increasing the font size on a
> few of my gtk apps - in particular, Evolution (trying to change font
> size for menus, summary, calendar, etc - I know that font size is
> adjustable for messages from the menu).
>=20
> Looking through some gnome mailing lists (from 2000) I found that I
> might be able to adjust this by using gtkhtml - however, I cannot access
> this from the control center (at least I don't think I can.)
>=20
> At the terminal I type:
>=20
> $ gtkhtml-properties-capplet
> and I get:
>=20
> ** WARNING **: Unable reach the control-center.
> Exiting...
>=20
> So I looked around a little bit more and found that it might be a
> problem with 'libcapplet' so I de-install/re-build/re-install it, but
> same problem.
>=20
> when I type:
>=20
> $ metatheme_selector_capplet
> I get the "Desktop theme selector," which is part of the control center,
> no problems.
>=20
> I have de-installed/re-built/re-installed 'gnomecontrolcenter2',
> 'gtkhtml','libcapplet','gnomepanel' and others.  Anything else I should
> try to access the 'gtkhtml' properties or increase the font size in
> 'Evolution'?  Maybe some applets are not available through the control
> center on purpose?
>=20
> Thanks very much for your help - forgive me if this sounds silly, I am
> new to gnome.

You can't use the gtkhtml capplet in gnomecontrolcenter2.  However, you
shouldn't need to.  Can you go to Tools->Settings->Font PReferences
within Evo?  It works for me.

If not, install sysutils/gnomecontrolcenter.  It doesn't really conflict
with GNOME 2, and you should be able to use your old capplets.

Joe

>=20
> Rob Sanchez
>=20
>=20
> with "unsubscribe freebsd-gnome" in the body of the message
--=20

--=-Gb8iMAiRko7CUp7NvJeh

--=-Gb8iMAiRko7CUp7NvJeh--