Date:      Mon, 20 Dec 2004 09:21:08 -0500
From:      Louis LeBlanc <FreeBSD@keyslapper.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Firefox headaches

On 12/20/04 02:16 PM, RW sat at the `puter and typed:
> On Monday 20 December 2004 12:12, RW wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
> Ah sorry, flashplugin-firefox is the GPLed flash clone. This didn't work at
> all for me when I tried it earlier in the year, typically cpu usage would go
> up to 100%, and most of the time it would crash.

Yeah, I wasn't seeing the CPU spike, more like a sudden halt.  Not
even a screeching halt, more like it had just hit an immovable object.

> The genuine Macromedia version for Linux is reliable, but it relies on your
> installing linux emulation, and being comfortable with installing a
> third-party binary.

Ah, well, who's going to do flash better than Macromedia? :)

I noticed that the flashpluginwrapper installed linux-flashplugin6 as
a dependency.  What was your experience with 7?

Thanks.
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               FreeBSD@keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.
    -- Groucho Marx