Date:      Wed, 07 Dec 2011 01:15:12 +0100
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: xbmc pvr in ports

On Tue, 06 Dec 2011 21:39:47 +0100 (CET)
Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de> wrote:

> Yeah, it basically adds support for accessing pvr software like vdr
> (via external plugins), mythtv, tvheadend (tvheadend hasn't been
> ported yet but can still be accessed from a linux box over the
> network.)  So you get things like a main menu entry called `Live
> TV', etc.  (And switching channels btw is faster than with say
> vdr-sxfe too, especially for hd channels.)

Thanks for explaing.

>  Oh and I'm still looking for mythtv testers... :)

Well, will it work with a really old MythTV backend? I still run MythTV 0.20 (0.20.20060828-3, schema version 1158) on a FreeBSD 6.4 machine
(because I haven't been able to make newer versions of MythTV work with my PVR-500 tuner card).

How do I test it? Is it as simple as adding your patch to multimedia/xbmc?
--
Torfinn