Date:      Fri, 02 Jul 2004 22:20:34 +1000
From:      Matthew Gardiner <kaiwai@vfemail.net>
To:        Vulpes Velox <vvelox@vvelox.net>
Cc:        pfgshield-pedro@yahoo.com
Subject:   Re: Using xorg instead of XFree86

On 2/7/04 6:32 PM, "Vulpes Velox" <vvelox@vvelox.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 16:36:56 +1000
> Matthew Gardiner <kaiwai@vfemail.net> wrote:
>
>> Ultimately XFree86 made their bed, they kicked everyone out and now
>> they wonder why they're as popular as SCO in the OSS community.
>
> Actually it just appears to be some ppl in the linux community that
> are just ticked about it...
>
> I'll personally wait and see how it goes. I personally doubt any real
> clear winner comes out from etiher side and this pointless bickering
> will be continued by ppl with nothing better to do...

Its basically a full gone conclusion, look at the organisations supporting
XFree86 vs. Xorg, look at the development tree's etc. etc. Xorg is moving
forward whilst XFree86 has basically remained static.

I think the bigger one will be the OpenGL accelerated Xserver being
developed by Keith Packard.

Matty