Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 23:15:43 -0400
From:      Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
To:        Kent Ketell <kketell@juniper.net>, "'freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Sony VAIO 505T(SX)

On Wed, May 26, 1999 at 04:03:08PM -0700, Kent Ketell wrote:
> The problems are that the CD-ROM is not supported under
> FreeBSD, even with PAO installed (FreeBSD 2.2.8-RELEASE)
> and the the PCMCIA functions don't appear to be supported
> on these systems under FreeBSD.
>
> The symptoms that I am seeing are that PAO loads up the
> drivers for the card in question (I have used a 3Com
> 3c589d, 3c589e and a Linksys EC2T) but the network never
> really works.  On the very rare occasion that I can get
> ping to do anything I see times along the lines of
> 100,999.130ms.

The 2.2 branch is dead.  I would recommend trying the latest 3.x
release.  I put 4.0-current on mine with no trouble, using a 3C589.
--
Christopher Masto         Senior Network Monkey      NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/