Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:21:24 +0000
From:      Rasputin <rasputin@shikima.mine.nu>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   amd dependencies?

Just a quick question - does amd actually need nfs to start in
order to work? I noticed there was a change to /etc/rc a while back
that seems to add it:

chkdepend amd amd_enable        NFS nfs_client_enable

but is that strictly necessary?

Is there a knob in rc.conf to optionally load that? It hasn't broken
anything, I'm just one of those people who shudders when they see NFS servers
starting (I only use amd to automount local CDROM drives).

--
"It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is
lightly greased."