Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 1997 02:58:05 -0600
From:      Joshua Fielden <shag@concentric.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OpenLinux still behind BSD....

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > http://www8.zdnet.com/pcweek/reviews/0616/16linux.html
> >
> > Contains a mini-review of OpenLinux, a product intended to set up small
> > network servers, get a foothold into the corporate workspace, etc. The
> > salient point of the review is when they said setup was still for
> > administrators only, it did not auto-detect all of their hardware
> > correctly, and finding drivers was a problem. Next, they say setting up
> > FreeBSD on the same h/w was no problem. No links, no description of the
> > product, nothing. But a "better than" still beats a poke in the eye with
> > a sharp stick. :-)
>
> Indeed.  It also gave me the chance to pitch the author for a FreeBSD
> review, which I've just done. :)
>
> Now I don't think it would help to mailbomb the guy, exactly, but if a
> few folks wanted to pipe up with "hey, tell us more about the FreeBSD
> thing!" sorts of responses to this article, it might also positively
> affect his views on the merits of doing a FreeBSD review. :)
>
>                                         Jordan

	Of course, one might think that the author thought BSD was so
well-known as to not need an introduction. :-) Just mail them the
cdrom.com server stats, and tell 'em Linux has cooties. That should be
enough. =)
--
SCSI is *not* magic.  There are many technical
reasons why it is occasionally nessicary to