Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 1995 12:29:23 +0000 ()
From:      Brandon Gillespie <brandon@tombstone.sunrem.com>
To:        freebsd@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.1 install PROBLEMS (they do not exist with 2.0)

I posted earlier with this problem, but have since expanded further.
Basically, I installed a new 600M IDE hard drive (Seagate).  I can
install DOS, Win 95, and even FreeBSD 2.0.5 WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS.

However, when I try to install FreeBSD 2.1.0 from the FreeBSD boot.flp
given at freebsd.org It gets to the point of committing the changes,
starts to setup the HD as it should be, then the entire system freezes (I
cannot abort--requires a reboot), at the point of:

    Making a new root filesystem on /dev/rwd0a

What is the problem??  It gets past this point just fine with the 2.0.5
boot...

-Brandon