Date:      Thu, 22 Jan 2015 11:26:14 +0100
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   executing Java written code from C pgm

Hello,

I have some C/C++ written servers and want to use code (classes) written
in Java. I figured out how the load the JVM and to reference into the
class as C function calls. I can post the details if someone is
interested it this.

The problem is that the a.out must be linked against the JVM (libjvm.so)
and the resulting process is around 300 MByte (text, data and bss),
which makes it unusable in production (where some 200-300 processes of
this are running).

Is there some way to compile the Java code to machine code with needing
a JVM to execute this?

Thanks in advance

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211
1989-2014: The Wall was torn down so that we go to war together again.