Date:      Sat, 27 Jun 2015 02:06:42 +0200
From:      Michal Ratajsky <michal.ratajsky@gmail.com>
To:        soc-status@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   mtree weekly status report

Hello everyone,

while I've had a bit of a time struggle, I worked towards meeting my
milestone set for June 26. That includes a fully functional mtree
implementation with support for reading, writing and comparison of
specs. For this, I've implemented writing and comparison in libmtree and
an initial version of mtree(1), that is based on nmtree, but includes
quite a bit of cleanups and portability improvements. For now I can
confirm that the software compiles and works well on (at least) FreeBSD,
NetBSD and Linux. As the time goes I plan to get some extra VMs running
so that I can confirm that it works on other platforms as well.

My goal for the next week or 2 is to extend mtree to support all of its
previous features, notably modifying file structure according to specs
and filtering capabilities. To give filtering some flexibility I plan to
partially implement it in libmtree to allow applications to define a
filtering function and have libmtree do the work.

Thank you,
Michal