Date:      Mon, 8 Jun 1998 10:24:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Kevin G. Eliuk" <kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net>
To:        Dimitris Krekoukias <Dimitris.Krekoukias@halliburton.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: weird kernel build problem

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Dimitris Krekoukias wrote:

=> Compiled it, installed it.
=>
=> Works fine.

[ snip ]

=> So, I am
=>
=> a) Using the standard kernel to boot
=> b) Trying to compile the same kernel and failing but what really pisses
=> me off is that
=> c) It worked the first time I did it.
=>
=> I reinstalled FreeBSD just in case I'd screwed up something.
=>
=> The first time I build the kernel it works.
=>
=> It fails subsequently.
=>
=> Ideas?

Only that I had a similar problem with a 386 and a 1Gb IDE drive.
I had some real problems with bad sectors, try `fsck'ing the slices that
you have, from booting in single user mode.

=> Cheers,
=>
=> Dimitris